As much as I will miss summer, there are a bunch of things I look forward to in the fall. I have made a list of my favorite fall activities, so if you are looking for things to do in the fall, you have come to the right place! Grab a couple friends, or go solo, and make some memories:)
- Last year my friends and I went to a local pumpkin patch and had a fall-themed photo shoot, complete with fall flower crowns. Here are some of my favorites: These pictures were taken by Emily Sabanegh (click on the link to check out more of her work)!
- I love pumpkin bread, so of course I have to make a couple loaves every fall. This year I have bought mini loaf pans so that I can give out pumpkin bread to some of my friends. Here is my favorite recipe: Pumpkin Bread
- To me, the fall time is the perfect time to start a new book and set a goal to have it finished by Thanksgiving Break. This year I am reading Water for Elephants, I am only on page 20 though, so I have a ways to go till I meet my goal (oops!).
- It is never to early to start shopping for Christmas presents and I like to get my shopping done early to avoid all of the lines and chaos. You just have to make sure that you have a good hiding place so that no curious younger siblings find your stash!
- Find a local fall festival and attend! This year, I am going to the Apple Butter Festival at Hueston Woods State Park. For those who live in Oxford, it is happening this weekend (October 3-4)!
- Make a fall playlist! At the beginning of each season I make a Spotify playlist of my favorite songs at the moment so that I can listen to them ad nauseam.
- Do some fall cleaning and donate to Goodwill. This year I especially need to do this because I have been accumulating random things since moving into my apartment in August. Put on your fall playlist and start cleaning!
- Find out which of your favorite TV shows are coming out with a new season and get to watching. I got hooked on Grey’s Anatomy this summer, so I will be obsessively watching it this fall.
- My family always takes our Christmas card pictures at Thanksgiving and I must say that we have some of the most creative ideas. Last year we did a Modern Family themed card and the year before that we did a Brady Bunch theme, and I’m sure this year’s will top those! Even if your family doesn’t send out holiday cards, it can be a good time to get everyone together and take some family photos!