Exam week has just started and it has already been crazy! I had my first final exam yesterday and although it went well, I was already exhausted. In order to recharge, I went to bed early last night and woke up this morning feeling refreshed. I realized that I was so tired and worn out because I wasn’t allowing myself any breaks. It’s important to realize that no matter how busy you are, you must take breaks! No matter how short or how you spend them, they are important to mental sanity (and overall wellness). This morning I took the time to pick out an outfit and watch an episode of Grace and Frankie, one of my favorite shows on Netflix!
In order to stay comfortable ,and look semi-presentable, I decided to wear my Pink Azalea monogram shirt that I got over spring break. It is super comfortable and I love the color combination. When I was picking the thread color I wasn’t sure if I would like it, but it ended up being perfect! I paired it with dark wash skinny jeans and black sandals. I purchased these sandals last year at Payless (they were a steal!), but here are some similar ones (not as inexpensive, but still budget-friendly!).
Springtime means that I can break out one of my favorite colors: orchid. As a teenager I loved it so much that I decided to paint my room “Plink” (a fun alternate name for orchid). It not only has hints of my two favorite colors (pink and purple), but it also reminds me of all the flowers that are blooming outside. Plus, it was Pantone’s 2014 color of the year (so you know it must be pretty spectacular)!
Here are some of my favorite orchid finds of this year (I think they are going to find themselves in my closet!):
1.Converse 2. Halter One-Piece Suit 3. Pocket T-Shirt 4. Shorts 5. Essie Nail Polish 6. Nike Running Shoes
And here is an inspirational quote from :
Photo source: Better Homes and Gardens
I had my first riding lesson in 3 years yesterday and it was amazing! My new instructor is great and I remembered a lot more than I thought I would. I am very sore today, but I am very happy with my lesson!
Today I am wearing one of my favorite combos: navy blue, white, and pink. This is probably the color combo that I wear the most during the summer, and I am always looking for more pieces to add to my wardrobe!
I’m also wearing some of my favorite bracelets from Alex and Ani! I got my Cincinnati Reds bracelet a few years back once I actually started watching baseball (and enjoying it). After my horse, Lucky, died my parents got me this four leaf clover bracelet to remind me of all my happy times with him. My favorite one though is my “Sisters Forever” bracelet that I got from my little sister (although she’s not so little anymore!). It’s probably one of the sweetest things I have ever gotten and every time I wear it, I smile and think about how lucky I am to have such sweet siblings!
Happy Monday, everyone! I am already loving today because it is finally warm in Ohio! I spent my weekend outside volunteering at a local park to clear honeysuckle and playing football, badminton, and baseball outside with Thomas (Check out his new blog here) ! To celebrate the warm weather, I’m wearing my newest Crown & Ivy find. Their new spring/ summer collection is flawless, I want to buy it all!
I paired my Crown & Ivy flamingo top with navy shorts and pink sandals!
Here are some of my other favorite Crown & Ivy finds:
Pineapple Dress, Pineapple Tee, Gingham Button Down, Anorak Jacket, Shell Dress, Coral Scallop Shorts
Ever since I bought my first mint top a few years back, I have been obsessed. I have accumulated tops, shorts, nail polish, among other mint green items. It reminds me of summer and being at the beach (which is a much needed feeling when it is snowing in April in Ohio)! Hopefully it will warm up enough soon so that I can bring out my mint clothes!
Here are some of my favorite picks that will allow you to incorporate mint into your everyday look:
1. Kate Spade Dress.To purchase this dress is a little out of my price range ($348), but you can rent it from Rent the Runway for only $70! And if you fall in love with it so much that you have to purchase it, you can get it here.
2. Butter London Nail Lacquer. I received my first Butter London products from a friend as a birthday gift and ever since, I have been hooked. It lasts longer than any of my other nail polish has and it comes in a bunch of colors, including this mint green color called “Fiver”.
3. Mint Pump. I don’t wear high heels often, but these are adorable! They would look great with a sundress.
4. Wristology Watch. I wrote a post a while back about getting my first Wristology Watch ,and I still love it! This mint green one would make the perfect summer addition (and may just have to make an appearance in my jewelry box)! And if you sign up for their emails, you get a code for 10% off their watches!
5. Vera Bradley Tassel Necklace. I was unaware that Vera Bradley made jewelry until I found this adorable necklace! You can get it here.
6.Mint Crossbody Clutch. This bag is the perfect size to wear as a cross body. And it’s on sale for less than $18!
And if you are looking to invest in a swim suit, this mint one from Marysia is perfection.
Today was a busy day full of classes and meetings and I made sure to dress comfortably. With a cold front coming through, I was restricted to the few sweaters I have left in my closet after my closet change from winter to spring. I love this magenta colored sweater because it goes great with navy blue, which just so happens to make up a large percentage of my wardrobe! My tortoiseshell necklace is another statement piece that I pull out at least once a week. This navy blue and white tank top is one of many in my wardrobe, but they are all slightly different!
Shop the look:
- Magenta sweater. Mine is an Anne Klein find from a few years ago, but this one is very similar.
- Navy Blue Striped Tank. I found mine at Walmart for $4, this one is similar and more fitted.
- Monogram Necklace. This one is a gift from my aunt, but this one from Etsy is also super cute!
And to make your Monday a little better, here is a picture of a cute little polar bear family!
In honor of the nice weather, I’ve decided to share some of my favorite spring flat finds! I love wearing flats because they’re comfortable, stylish, and can work for almost any occasion. Here are some of my favorite finds:
1.Blue Scalloped Flats 2.Coral D’Orsay Flats 3. Anchor Flats
4.Pink T-Strap Flats 5. Studded Flats
I wore my new Christian Siriano flats today, I love the blush color so much!