Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone enjoys the day with their loved ones!
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone enjoys the day with their loved ones!
Pink is my favorite color and polar bears are my favorite animal, so it should come as no surprise that I chose to use a pink color scheme with polar bears to decorate for the holidays. This post is coming a bit later than I would have liked, but I’ve included where to find my Christmas decorations in case you are decorating at the last minute!
Bow Tree Topper: My amazing friend Amanda made this for me using this ribbon! A bow this size takes about 2 spools of the ribbon.
Tree Skirt: This is actually a funny story. I ordered a tree skirt (without doing research on what size to get) and the delivery date kept getting pushed back. Once it finally arrived (I was pretty excited), I opened it and realized that the one I bought is actually way too small for my tree. But by the time it arrived I didn’t have time to return it and get another one, so we had to make do for these pictures. Needless to say I will be returning it, but this one is a better size!
Ornaments: These I have been collecting over the years, but most of them are from Hobby Lobby!
Rose Gold Tree fillers: I got these from Michaels this year, but I couldn’t find them online, so check in store!
Wrapping Paper: The reindeer paper is a few years old and I got the white paper from TJ Maxx, so you may be able to find this exact one! This one from Target is very similar!
Pajamas: My pajamas are from last year, but I also love these (and they’re currently on sale for under $10!)
Polar Bear: I got this as a gift last year (and added his pink bow tie), but I have seen similar ones at TJ Maxx!
Plaid Blanket Scarf: I am of the belief that there is no such a thing as “too many blanket scarves”, and I love the coloring of this one (and it’s under $15!).
Black Wallet: For those who like a more simple, classic design. You can never go wrong with Kate Spade!!
Watch: Wristology makes my favorite watches, and this one is on my Christmas list this year. So many options, but this rose gold mesh band is my current favorite. (And if you buy it now, you can save 20% with the code SAVE20)
Earrings: These are from the SUGARFIX by BaubleBar collection for Target and are perfect for the holidays (and for any Georgia Dawg)!
Shoes: These are my absolute favorite shoes to wear to the gym. When I first saw them I thought that there was no way such beautiful shoes could be comfortable, but I was so wrong. I wear them every morning and am also buying them in the grey color!
Necklace: Simple bar necklaces are part of my everyday jewelry and I am always in the market to add to my collection (and it’s monogrammed!).
Planner: This planner comes in several super cute patterns, but the marble is my favorite!
Purse: I am obsessed with this velvet crossbody (and really anything velvet), and it’s the perfect bag to carry to any holiday events.
Buying gifts for men has always been difficult for me because most have no interest in glitter and/or anything pink. So I have put together a gift guide for all the men in your life to try to make your holiday shopping easier!
Wireless Ear Buds: These are perfect for the athletic guy or for the traveler or really for anyone who hates dealing with tangled ear bud cords.
Monogrammed Old Fashioned Glasses : These are perfect for guys’ nights and come in several monogram options.
Dress Shirt: For the business-man in your life.
Marble Drink Stones : For the drink enthusiast (and the greatest part is that these are under $20!).
Bow Tie : What holiday party is complete without a seasonal bow tie?
Flask: While it is technically a gift for him, who says it isn’t also for you to use.
Happy Thursday everyone! I hope everyone is having a great week. I’ve been busy studying for my last two exams of the semester before finals and trying to enjoy the beautiful weather! Here are some of my favorite finds/ articles of the week:
1.New 20 Dollar Bills. Most of you have probably already heard about this, but new $20 bills are being made with Harriet Tubman’s face on them. In addition, other bills will have pictures of women as well. I think this is very cool! Check out this article to learn more.
2.Monogrammed Linens. This Etsy shop has the most beautiful monogrammed linens. From pillow shams to cocktail napkins, they have it all!
3. Face Masks. I just read this article from College Fashion about the best face masks for all types of skin. I have dry skin and face masks tend to dry my face out even more, so I can’t wait to try out the masks that they recommend for dry skin!
4. Robotic Horse Lift. Researchers in Saskatchewan are working on developing a robotic lift to help horses recover after fracturing limbs. Many horses can’t make it through recovery since they are so large and often develop secondary problems, so this has the potential to save many lives. Read more about this innovation here.
5. Here is a cute foal to make your Thursday a little brighter!
Greenville is full of delicious food options and has something for everyone. Whether you are downtown or just driving around town, you will be able to find something. I always look forward to going home because I get to eat at some of my favorite restaurants! Many of these restaurants are chains in the Carolinas so there are multiple locations you can visit to enjoy the delicious food! Here are some of my favorite places to eat in Greenville:
1.Carolina Ale House. This is one of my favorite places to eat in downtown Greenville because they have a retractable roof so that you can enjoy the weather while you’re eating! In addition, you can watch your favorite baseball team with friends and family.
2. Kilwins. If you are a chocolate-lover, like me, then this is place to visit. Their fudge is delicious and you can even watch them make it! (Plus, sometimes they give out free samples!).
3. Le Peep. I love breakfast food, and Le Peep has some of the best I’ve ever had. From french toast to crepes to pancakes, they have it all. They also have the best sweet tea that I have ever had!
4. Swamp Rabbit Cafe & Grocery. The cafe located on the Swamp Rabbit Trail and makes a nice rest stop for people who are biking/ running. You can get pastries and breads from the cafe and local fruits and vegetables from the grocery. I had the most delicious bread there over spring break (Thomas and I ate a loaf ourselves!), and I will definitely be going back for more!
With spring break less than a week away, it’s time to start packing! Depending on where you go, there are many things you may need. I’m heading home to South Carolina (with Thomas) on Sunday and I am getting ready to pack. I always try to make a list of things that I need to pack to make sure that I remember everything.
What’s going in my suitcase for spring break (besides clothes, of course)?
1. Camera. I love my Nikon Coolpix, but haven’t gotten much use out of it lately. Spring break is the perfect time for me to get back into photography. This camera is the perfect mix between a tiny point-and-shoot camera and a DSLR. Here is a newer model of the one I have!
2. Sunglasses. I love aviators, I have 3 pairs and I keep buying more (oops!). Here are some new ones that I would love to add to my collection (and they’re under $6)!
And whenever I bring sunglasses, I always make sure I have a sunglass strap (aka croakie)! I love my Lilly Pulitzer one!
3. Water Bottle. I’m going to be doing a lot of walking around in the heat, so having one of these is very important. I haven’t decided which one to bring yet, but these two are my favorites!
I put on a monogram sticker on mine to personalize it (and so that I wouldn’t lose it)!
4. Welch’s Gummies. I have a 7 hour car trip ahead of me (each way), so car snacks are a must. I love Welch’s Berries n’ Cherries because they are made of real fruit and are delicious!
5. Crossbody Purse. These are great when you know that you’ll be doing lots of walking. I have a few in all different colors, but my black one is my go-to. Here are some cute cross body purses!
Or if you want something with a fun pattern, I love this one!!!
6. Playlist. This is not actually going to be physically in my suitcase, but it is probably the most important thing to bring with me for the long drive. I made a 133 song, 8 hour and 24 minute long playlist of some of my favorite songs from the past 8 years (some of which I haven’t listened to in about that long)!
For those who haven’t had spring break yet, have fun! And for those who are just returning from spring break, I hope you had fun!