Springtime means that I can break out one of my favorite colors: orchid. As a teenager I loved it so much that I decided to paint my room “Plink” (a fun alternate name for orchid). It not only has hints of my two favorite colors (pink and purple), but it also reminds me of all the flowers that are blooming outside. Plus, it was Pantone’s 2014 color of the year (so you know it must be pretty spectacular)!
Here are some of my favorite orchid finds of this year (I think they are going to find themselves in my closet!):
1.Converse 2. Halter One-Piece Suit 3. Pocket T-Shirt 4. Shorts 5. Essie Nail Polish 6. Nike Running Shoes
And here is an inspirational quote from :
Photo source: Better Homes and Gardens
I had my first riding lesson in 3 years yesterday and it was amazing! My new instructor is great and I remembered a lot more than I thought I would. I am very sore today, but I am very happy with my lesson!
Today I am wearing one of my favorite combos: navy blue, white, and pink. This is probably the color combo that I wear the most during the summer, and I am always looking for more pieces to add to my wardrobe!
I’m also wearing some of my favorite bracelets from Alex and Ani! I got my Cincinnati Reds bracelet a few years back once I actually started watching baseball (and enjoying it). After my horse, Lucky, died my parents got me this four leaf clover bracelet to remind me of all my happy times with him. My favorite one though is my “Sisters Forever” bracelet that I got from my little sister (although she’s not so little anymore!). It’s probably one of the sweetest things I have ever gotten and every time I wear it, I smile and think about how lucky I am to have such sweet siblings!
Happy Thursday everyone! I hope everyone is having a great week. I’ve been busy studying for my last two exams of the semester before finals and trying to enjoy the beautiful weather! Here are some of my favorite finds/ articles of the week:
1.New 20 Dollar Bills. Most of you have probably already heard about this, but new $20 bills are being made with Harriet Tubman’s face on them. In addition, other bills will have pictures of women as well. I think this is very cool! Check out this article to learn more.
2.Monogrammed Linens. This Etsy shop has the most beautiful monogrammed linens. From pillow shams to cocktail napkins, they have it all!
3. Face Masks. I just read this article from College Fashion about the best face masks for all types of skin. I have dry skin and face masks tend to dry my face out even more, so I can’t wait to try out the masks that they recommend for dry skin!
4. Robotic Horse Lift. Researchers in Saskatchewan are working on developing a robotic lift to help horses recover after fracturing limbs. Many horses can’t make it through recovery since they are so large and often develop secondary problems, so this has the potential to save many lives. Read more about this innovation here.
5. Here is a cute foal to make your Thursday a little brighter!
Happy Monday, everyone! I am already loving today because it is finally warm in Ohio! I spent my weekend outside volunteering at a local park to clear honeysuckle and playing football, badminton, and baseball outside with Thomas (Check out his new blog here) ! To celebrate the warm weather, I’m wearing my newest Crown & Ivy find. Their new spring/ summer collection is flawless, I want to buy it all!
I paired my Crown & Ivy flamingo top with navy shorts and pink sandals!
Here are some of my other favorite Crown & Ivy finds:
Pineapple Dress, Pineapple Tee, Gingham Button Down, Anorak Jacket, Shell Dress, Coral Scallop Shorts
This week has been busy, but in an amazing and exciting way! I have began volunteering at a therapeutic riding farm, been studying for my big genetics exam tonight, have picked up a minor, and am going to start riding again! I am so excited to start riding horses again because they have always been such a large part of my life, and these past two and a half years without riding have been difficult. When I am riding, all my stress floats away and I can’t help but smile. In honor of my exciting news, here is a picture of me from the old days when I first started riding (I was 4 years old):
On a completely different note, I realized that I have not been wearing much color lately (as you can see in my outfit from today), which is very unlike me. I decided to add some color to my look by painting my nails. I used Salley Hansen’s Miracle Gel Polish in the color “Mad Women”, which you can get here. I’ve had it on for almost a week now and it hasn’t really chipped at all!
I paired a simple T-shirt from Banana Republic (not sold anymore, but this one is similar) with dark wash skinny jeans, and flats by Christian Siriano for Payless (These are quickly becoming one of my favorite pairs of shoes. They aren’t for sale anymore, but this pair is similar).
Ever since I bought my first mint top a few years back, I have been obsessed. I have accumulated tops, shorts, nail polish, among other mint green items. It reminds me of summer and being at the beach (which is a much needed feeling when it is snowing in April in Ohio)! Hopefully it will warm up enough soon so that I can bring out my mint clothes!
Here are some of my favorite picks that will allow you to incorporate mint into your everyday look:
1. Kate Spade Dress.To purchase this dress is a little out of my price range ($348), but you can rent it from Rent the Runway for only $70! And if you fall in love with it so much that you have to purchase it, you can get it here.
2. Butter London Nail Lacquer. I received my first Butter London products from a friend as a birthday gift and ever since, I have been hooked. It lasts longer than any of my other nail polish has and it comes in a bunch of colors, including this mint green color called “Fiver”.
3. Mint Pump. I don’t wear high heels often, but these are adorable! They would look great with a sundress.
4. Wristology Watch. I wrote a post a while back about getting my first Wristology Watch ,and I still love it! This mint green one would make the perfect summer addition (and may just have to make an appearance in my jewelry box)! And if you sign up for their emails, you get a code for 10% off their watches!
5. Vera Bradley Tassel Necklace. I was unaware that Vera Bradley made jewelry until I found this adorable necklace! You can get it here.
6.Mint Crossbody Clutch. This bag is the perfect size to wear as a cross body. And it’s on sale for less than $18!
And if you are looking to invest in a swim suit, this mint one from Marysia is perfection.
Today was a busy day full of classes and meetings and I made sure to dress comfortably. With a cold front coming through, I was restricted to the few sweaters I have left in my closet after my closet change from winter to spring. I love this magenta colored sweater because it goes great with navy blue, which just so happens to make up a large percentage of my wardrobe! My tortoiseshell necklace is another statement piece that I pull out at least once a week. This navy blue and white tank top is one of many in my wardrobe, but they are all slightly different!
Shop the look:
- Magenta sweater. Mine is an Anne Klein find from a few years ago, but this one is very similar.
- Navy Blue Striped Tank. I found mine at Walmart for $4, this one is similar and more fitted.
- Monogram Necklace. This one is a gift from my aunt, but this one from Etsy is also super cute!
And to make your Monday a little better, here is a picture of a cute little polar bear family!