Exam week has just started and it has already been crazy! I had my first final exam yesterday and although it went well, I was already exhausted. In order to recharge, I went to bed early last night and woke up this morning feeling refreshed. I realized that I was so tired and worn out because I wasn’t allowing myself any breaks. It’s important to realize that no matter how busy you are, you must take breaks! No matter how short or how you spend them, they are important to mental sanity (and overall wellness). This morning I took the time to pick out an outfit and watch an episode of Grace and Frankie, one of my favorite shows on Netflix!
In order to stay comfortable ,and look semi-presentable, I decided to wear my Pink Azalea monogram shirt that I got over spring break. It is super comfortable and I love the color combination. When I was picking the thread color I wasn’t sure if I would like it, but it ended up being perfect! I paired it with dark wash skinny jeans and black sandals. I purchased these sandals last year at Payless (they were a steal!), but here are some similar ones (not as inexpensive, but still budget-friendly!).
I can’t believe it is already May! There are so many exciting things happening this month, the first of which is being finished with classes. Finals are next week so I’ve been putting in 14 hour work days (not fun at all), but the end is in sight! Here are some fun reads and finds to help get you through the week:
1.Striped Flats. These flats are adorable and would make the perfect addition to any shoe lover’s collection! To make it even better, they come in larger sizes so that even those of us with larger feet can enjoy.
2. Do horses in the Kentucky Derby even know they’re racing? With the Kentucky Derby quickly approaching, this article helps readers understand what goes on in a horse’s head as they are running.
3.Pineapple Appetizer Plates. With summer right around the corner, these appetizer plates are the perfect addition to any summer party!
4. Gilmore Girls Quiz. Since I just finished binge-watching Gilmore Girls, I had to post this quiz! Take a study break and see how close you were paying attention!
5.Lobster Leggings. These leggings may be the cutest things I’ve ever seen! I think they will end up being a “being done with finals” present to myself (:
6. Pineapple Tote. If you can’t already tell, I love pineapple prints! This tote would make the perfect pool bag!
7. White Dress. For those who are required to wear white dresses for graduation (whether high school or college), but don’t want to spend a fortune on a dress that will be worn only once (and isn’t your wedding dress), this dress is for you!
8. Cheetah Cubs. The Cincinnati Zoo has cheetah cubs that I cannot wait to go see! Head to the Cincinnati Zoo to see all of the zoo babies. Here is an adorable picture of one:
Springtime means that I can break out one of my favorite colors: orchid. As a teenager I loved it so much that I decided to paint my room “Plink” (a fun alternate name for orchid). It not only has hints of my two favorite colors (pink and purple), but it also reminds me of all the flowers that are blooming outside. Plus, it was Pantone’s 2014 color of the year (so you know it must be pretty spectacular)!
Here are some of my favorite orchid finds of this year (I think they are going to find themselves in my closet!):
1.Converse 2. Halter One-Piece Suit 3. Pocket T-Shirt 4. Shorts 5. Essie Nail Polish 6. Nike Running Shoes
And here is an inspirational quote from :
Photo source: Better Homes and Gardens
Happy Thursday everyone! I hope everyone is having a great week. I’ve been busy studying for my last two exams of the semester before finals and trying to enjoy the beautiful weather! Here are some of my favorite finds/ articles of the week:
1.New 20 Dollar Bills. Most of you have probably already heard about this, but new $20 bills are being made with Harriet Tubman’s face on them. In addition, other bills will have pictures of women as well. I think this is very cool! Check out this article to learn more.
2.Monogrammed Linens. This Etsy shop has the most beautiful monogrammed linens. From pillow shams to cocktail napkins, they have it all!
3. Face Masks. I just read this article from College Fashion about the best face masks for all types of skin. I have dry skin and face masks tend to dry my face out even more, so I can’t wait to try out the masks that they recommend for dry skin!
4. Robotic Horse Lift. Researchers in Saskatchewan are working on developing a robotic lift to help horses recover after fracturing limbs. Many horses can’t make it through recovery since they are so large and often develop secondary problems, so this has the potential to save many lives. Read more about this innovation here.
5. Here is a cute foal to make your Thursday a little brighter!
Ever since I bought my first mint top a few years back, I have been obsessed. I have accumulated tops, shorts, nail polish, among other mint green items. It reminds me of summer and being at the beach (which is a much needed feeling when it is snowing in April in Ohio)! Hopefully it will warm up enough soon so that I can bring out my mint clothes!
Here are some of my favorite picks that will allow you to incorporate mint into your everyday look:
1. Kate Spade Dress.To purchase this dress is a little out of my price range ($348), but you can rent it from Rent the Runway for only $70! And if you fall in love with it so much that you have to purchase it, you can get it here.
2. Butter London Nail Lacquer. I received my first Butter London products from a friend as a birthday gift and ever since, I have been hooked. It lasts longer than any of my other nail polish has and it comes in a bunch of colors, including this mint green color called “Fiver”.
3. Mint Pump. I don’t wear high heels often, but these are adorable! They would look great with a sundress.
4. Wristology Watch. I wrote a post a while back about getting my first Wristology Watch ,and I still love it! This mint green one would make the perfect summer addition (and may just have to make an appearance in my jewelry box)! And if you sign up for their emails, you get a code for 10% off their watches!
5. Vera Bradley Tassel Necklace. I was unaware that Vera Bradley made jewelry until I found this adorable necklace! You can get it here.
6.Mint Crossbody Clutch. This bag is the perfect size to wear as a cross body. And it’s on sale for less than $18!
And if you are looking to invest in a swim suit, this mint one from Marysia is perfection.
Today was a busy day full of classes and meetings and I made sure to dress comfortably. With a cold front coming through, I was restricted to the few sweaters I have left in my closet after my closet change from winter to spring. I love this magenta colored sweater because it goes great with navy blue, which just so happens to make up a large percentage of my wardrobe! My tortoiseshell necklace is another statement piece that I pull out at least once a week. This navy blue and white tank top is one of many in my wardrobe, but they are all slightly different!
Shop the look:
- Magenta sweater. Mine is an Anne Klein find from a few years ago, but this one is very similar.
- Navy Blue Striped Tank. I found mine at Walmart for $4, this one is similar and more fitted.
- Monogram Necklace. This one is a gift from my aunt, but this one from Etsy is also super cute!
And to make your Monday a little better, here is a picture of a cute little polar bear family!
I had an amazing break in South Carolina this past week and I am looking forward to sharing it with y’all! On Wednesday we went to the Greenville Zoo, which is the perfect place to spend a few hours. It’s not giant (like the Cincinnati Zoo where I normally spend all day), but it has its fair share of unique animals. Sadly, they recently lost their elephants, but in their place they got a Giant Anteater! I had never seen one before, and it was so cool. The zoo also has a baby giraffe that was just born in February (it was so small!). If you are looking for a fun, morning activity, I highly recommend visiting the Greenville Zoo! Here is the zoo website.
Here are some pictures that I took while at the zoo!
This is the Giant Anteater at the zoo (I had no idea they had such big, fluffy tails)!
Isn’t the baby giraffe the cutest?
I will be sharing more about our vacation this week!