I can’t believe it is already May! There are so many exciting things happening this month, the first of which is being finished with classes. Finals are next week so I’ve been putting in 14 hour work days (not fun at all), but the end is in sight! Here are some fun reads and finds to help get you through the week:
1.Striped Flats. These flats are adorable and would make the perfect addition to any shoe lover’s collection! To make it even better, they come in larger sizes so that even those of us with larger feet can enjoy.
2. Do horses in the Kentucky Derby even know they’re racing? With the Kentucky Derby quickly approaching, this article helps readers understand what goes on in a horse’s head as they are running.
3.Pineapple Appetizer Plates. With summer right around the corner, these appetizer plates are the perfect addition to any summer party!
4. Gilmore Girls Quiz. Since I just finished binge-watching Gilmore Girls, I had to post this quiz! Take a study break and see how close you were paying attention!
5.Lobster Leggings. These leggings may be the cutest things I’ve ever seen! I think they will end up being a “being done with finals” present to myself (:
6. Pineapple Tote. If you can’t already tell, I love pineapple prints! This tote would make the perfect pool bag!
7. White Dress. For those who are required to wear white dresses for graduation (whether high school or college), but don’t want to spend a fortune on a dress that will be worn only once (and isn’t your wedding dress), this dress is for you!
8. Cheetah Cubs. The Cincinnati Zoo has cheetah cubs that I cannot wait to go see! Head to the Cincinnati Zoo to see all of the zoo babies. Here is an adorable picture of one:
With all the cold and snow, I’ve found that looking forward to the warm weather keeps me happy. All my favorite brands are putting out their spring lines, spring break is a short month away, and the weather might be warming up (it is supposed to be 60 degrees here on Friday, but we’ll see)! Now is the time to snatch up all of those cute outfits you plan on wearing over spring break (I’ve already started). I have put together some of my favorite finds so far:
I love the color of this J. Crew dress, it is perfect for spring (and it also comes in a fabulous green)!
It’s no secret that I love colored shorts, and these Crown & Ivy shorts come in the brightest variety of colors (I’m in love).
I love the scallops on this bikini top (and it’s less than $30!).
These BCBG sandals come in a range of colors (this one is my favorite), and would be a great addition to any shoe addicts collection!
And if you can’t tell that I love scallops, here is the perfect monogrammed bag for spring break from Marley Lilly (plus if you buy it now, you can get a free baseball cap).
I’ve been meaning to get a pair of Kate Spade Keds, but I haven’t been able to find a pattern that I really love. Well this has changed, I love these floral ones!
Spring will be here before we know it (at least I hope so)!
It’s easy to walk into a store and fall in love with a beautiful, one of a kind dress, but these dresses often come with a multi-hundred dollar price tag. As a college student I am always trying to save money and look for a good deal. Finding a holiday dress with the wow factor you want, but also a price tag that won’t break the bank can be very difficult. I have decided to share with you some of the best-priced holiday dresses with a variety of styles that I have found (the best part is that they are all under $70)!
1. Boohoo Holiday Dress ($44) 2. ASOS Pleated Hem Dress ($54) 3. H&M Short Satin Dress ($50) 4. H&M Halterneck Dress ($30) 5. ASOS Wrap Dress ($69) 6. H&M Lace V-Neck Dress ($20)
Rainy days make it extremely hard for me to get up the motivation to dress in anything besides leggings and a t-shirt. However, this morning I prevailed and wore an oxblood colored cardigan with a cream shirt, a J Crew necklace, dark wash boot cut jeans, and black wedge booties. These booties are the most comfortable boots I own. I walked about 2 miles to and from class today and not once did my feet hurt!
I love this color! It is very similar to Marsala, which is Pantone’s color of the year. Here is one of my favorite Marsala-colored finds:
ABS- Satin Hi-Low Dress (This would make the perfect holiday dress!)