Exam week has just started and it has already been crazy! I had my first final exam yesterday and although it went well, I was already exhausted. In order to recharge, I went to bed early last night and woke up this morning feeling refreshed. I realized that I was so tired and worn out because I wasn’t allowing myself any breaks. It’s important to realize that no matter how busy you are, you must take breaks! No matter how short or how you spend them, they are important to mental sanity (and overall wellness). This morning I took the time to pick out an outfit and watch an episode of Grace and Frankie, one of my favorite shows on Netflix!
In order to stay comfortable ,and look semi-presentable, I decided to wear my Pink Azalea monogram shirt that I got over spring break. It is super comfortable and I love the color combination. When I was picking the thread color I wasn’t sure if I would like it, but it ended up being perfect! I paired it with dark wash skinny jeans and black sandals. I purchased these sandals last year at Payless (they were a steal!), but here are some similar ones (not as inexpensive, but still budget-friendly!).
To say that this week has been crazy for me would be an understatement. It has been hellish. I’ve had 2 exams (one a final and one just a test), a 150 question biochemistry homework, and a lab report. To top it off, I have 4 finals next week so I’ve been studying for them too. Needless to say, I am feeling slightly brain dead right now. Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me, but I haven’t even been able to make time for it this week. Even though I’ve been taking final exams for 7 years now, I still haven’t really learned how to manage the stress that goes along with them. This year, instead of trying to change my study habits (since they’ve seemed to work for me in the past), I am going to try to fill the next week with some fun activities for myself to relieve some of the stress. Here are some of my ideas for stress-relieving activities 🙂
1.Watching Elf with a cup of hot cocoa. This mug from ArtisanLoft is perfect!
2. Read a couple pages from a book that you’ve been meaning to finish! For me, this will be reading Animal Madness by Dr. Laurel Braitman.
3. Pack up your things to go home for winter break. Although packing isn’t normally a fun activity, knowing that it means you get to go home soon makes it much better!
4. Make yourself a nice meal or treat yourself to dinner at your favorite restaurant near campus. This means I will be making myself breakfast for dinner (my favorite meal ever)!
5. Close your computer and put all electronics away and just listen to some music, undisturbed.
6. Online shopping therapy! However, this one is only beneficial in moderation, so don’t go too crazy 🙂 How cute are these shoes??? (They might be a gift to myself for getting through finals)
7. And if all else fails.. Here is some extra motivation to help you make it through next week!