Exam week has just started and it has already been crazy! I had my first final exam yesterday and although it went well, I was already exhausted. In order to recharge, I went to bed early last night and woke up this morning feeling refreshed. I realized that I was so tired and worn out because I wasn’t allowing myself any breaks. It’s important to realize that no matter how busy you are, you must take breaks! No matter how short or how you spend them, they are important to mental sanity (and overall wellness). This morning I took the time to pick out an outfit and watch an episode of Grace and Frankie, one of my favorite shows on Netflix!
In order to stay comfortable ,and look semi-presentable, I decided to wear my Pink Azalea monogram shirt that I got over spring break. It is super comfortable and I love the color combination. When I was picking the thread color I wasn’t sure if I would like it, but it ended up being perfect! I paired it with dark wash skinny jeans and black sandals. I purchased these sandals last year at Payless (they were a steal!), but here are some similar ones (not as inexpensive, but still budget-friendly!).
I can’t believe it is already May! There are so many exciting things happening this month, the first of which is being finished with classes. Finals are next week so I’ve been putting in 14 hour work days (not fun at all), but the end is in sight! Here are some fun reads and finds to help get you through the week:
1.Striped Flats. These flats are adorable and would make the perfect addition to any shoe lover’s collection! To make it even better, they come in larger sizes so that even those of us with larger feet can enjoy.
2. Do horses in the Kentucky Derby even know they’re racing? With the Kentucky Derby quickly approaching, this article helps readers understand what goes on in a horse’s head as they are running.
3.Pineapple Appetizer Plates. With summer right around the corner, these appetizer plates are the perfect addition to any summer party!
4. Gilmore Girls Quiz. Since I just finished binge-watching Gilmore Girls, I had to post this quiz! Take a study break and see how close you were paying attention!
5.Lobster Leggings. These leggings may be the cutest things I’ve ever seen! I think they will end up being a “being done with finals” present to myself (:
6. Pineapple Tote. If you can’t already tell, I love pineapple prints! This tote would make the perfect pool bag!
7. White Dress. For those who are required to wear white dresses for graduation (whether high school or college), but don’t want to spend a fortune on a dress that will be worn only once (and isn’t your wedding dress), this dress is for you!
8. Cheetah Cubs. The Cincinnati Zoo has cheetah cubs that I cannot wait to go see! Head to the Cincinnati Zoo to see all of the zoo babies. Here is an adorable picture of one:
Springtime means that I can break out one of my favorite colors: orchid. As a teenager I loved it so much that I decided to paint my room “Plink” (a fun alternate name for orchid). It not only has hints of my two favorite colors (pink and purple), but it also reminds me of all the flowers that are blooming outside. Plus, it was Pantone’s 2014 color of the year (so you know it must be pretty spectacular)!
Here are some of my favorite orchid finds of this year (I think they are going to find themselves in my closet!):
1.Converse 2. Halter One-Piece Suit 3. Pocket T-Shirt 4. Shorts 5. Essie Nail Polish 6. Nike Running Shoes
And here is an inspirational quote from :
Photo source: Better Homes and Gardens
I had my first riding lesson in 3 years yesterday and it was amazing! My new instructor is great and I remembered a lot more than I thought I would. I am very sore today, but I am very happy with my lesson!
Today I am wearing one of my favorite combos: navy blue, white, and pink. This is probably the color combo that I wear the most during the summer, and I am always looking for more pieces to add to my wardrobe!
I’m also wearing some of my favorite bracelets from Alex and Ani! I got my Cincinnati Reds bracelet a few years back once I actually started watching baseball (and enjoying it). After my horse, Lucky, died my parents got me this four leaf clover bracelet to remind me of all my happy times with him. My favorite one though is my “Sisters Forever” bracelet that I got from my little sister (although she’s not so little anymore!). It’s probably one of the sweetest things I have ever gotten and every time I wear it, I smile and think about how lucky I am to have such sweet siblings!
Happy Thursday everyone! I hope everyone is having a great week. I’ve been busy studying for my last two exams of the semester before finals and trying to enjoy the beautiful weather! Here are some of my favorite finds/ articles of the week:
1.New 20 Dollar Bills. Most of you have probably already heard about this, but new $20 bills are being made with Harriet Tubman’s face on them. In addition, other bills will have pictures of women as well. I think this is very cool! Check out this article to learn more.
2.Monogrammed Linens. This Etsy shop has the most beautiful monogrammed linens. From pillow shams to cocktail napkins, they have it all!
3. Face Masks. I just read this article from College Fashion about the best face masks for all types of skin. I have dry skin and face masks tend to dry my face out even more, so I can’t wait to try out the masks that they recommend for dry skin!
4. Robotic Horse Lift. Researchers in Saskatchewan are working on developing a robotic lift to help horses recover after fracturing limbs. Many horses can’t make it through recovery since they are so large and often develop secondary problems, so this has the potential to save many lives. Read more about this innovation here.
5. Here is a cute foal to make your Thursday a little brighter!
Happy Monday, everyone! I am already loving today because it is finally warm in Ohio! I spent my weekend outside volunteering at a local park to clear honeysuckle and playing football, badminton, and baseball outside with Thomas (Check out his new blog here) ! To celebrate the warm weather, I’m wearing my newest Crown & Ivy find. Their new spring/ summer collection is flawless, I want to buy it all!
I paired my Crown & Ivy flamingo top with navy shorts and pink sandals!
Here are some of my other favorite Crown & Ivy finds:
Pineapple Dress, Pineapple Tee, Gingham Button Down, Anorak Jacket, Shell Dress, Coral Scallop Shorts
Ever since I bought my first mint top a few years back, I have been obsessed. I have accumulated tops, shorts, nail polish, among other mint green items. It reminds me of summer and being at the beach (which is a much needed feeling when it is snowing in April in Ohio)! Hopefully it will warm up enough soon so that I can bring out my mint clothes!
Here are some of my favorite picks that will allow you to incorporate mint into your everyday look:
1. Kate Spade Dress.To purchase this dress is a little out of my price range ($348), but you can rent it from Rent the Runway for only $70! And if you fall in love with it so much that you have to purchase it, you can get it here.
2. Butter London Nail Lacquer. I received my first Butter London products from a friend as a birthday gift and ever since, I have been hooked. It lasts longer than any of my other nail polish has and it comes in a bunch of colors, including this mint green color called “Fiver”.
3. Mint Pump. I don’t wear high heels often, but these are adorable! They would look great with a sundress.
4. Wristology Watch. I wrote a post a while back about getting my first Wristology Watch ,and I still love it! This mint green one would make the perfect summer addition (and may just have to make an appearance in my jewelry box)! And if you sign up for their emails, you get a code for 10% off their watches!
5. Vera Bradley Tassel Necklace. I was unaware that Vera Bradley made jewelry until I found this adorable necklace! You can get it here.
6.Mint Crossbody Clutch. This bag is the perfect size to wear as a cross body. And it’s on sale for less than $18!
And if you are looking to invest in a swim suit, this mint one from Marysia is perfection.